1. When you spend so much time working you see science everywhere.
2. When someone implies women are too emotional to do science.
3. And that, being an emotional woman, you might accidentally fall in love at work.
4. When you want to even the score.
More ladies should leave internet comments on men’s accomplishments like “he sucks as an astronaut but i’d sit on his face”
5. When you’re the only woman at a conference dinner.
every single party where women listen interestedly to men is an extended piece of performance art, and men have NO IDEA
8. When you decide to have a little fun with people who underestimate you.
my favorite game is to act like i can’t understand something very simple when a man is explaining it to me to see how dumb he thinks i am
9. When people find it hard to believe you’re the professor.
There was a textbook rep at my door. She told me she was “waiting for the professor”. I said, “okay!” And let her wait. At my office door.
I hope the professor eventually shows up.
I am in my office.
I’m the professor.
10. When you get a chance to use the perfect, science-based Tinder response.
12. When there are not enough emojis in the world.
13. But you have to hold your tongue because you don’t have a permanent job.
14. When you’re having a bad day and start doubting yourself.
15. When you feel like giving up.
I’m just going to tell people I moved to California for a sugar daddy because apparently I don’t look like a scientist.
17. And all the women who paved the way before you.
18. And then, sometimes, you just can’t hold in your snark any more.
scientist: “does everyone here know what Watson and Crick discovered?”
me from back of room: “Rosalind Franklin’s notes”