1. Let’s start small. Did you know that you can’t hum when you hold your nose closed?
Go ahead. Try it.
2. Or that in France, people were still being executed by guillotine when Star Wars first premiered in movie theaters?
Meaning in 1977.
3. How about this: When the last mammoth finally died, the Great Pyramids were already 1,000 years old.
5. Oh, and you’ve always pictured the pyramids out in the middle of the desert, haven’t you?
7. And while we’re on the subject, did you know that between when we first learned about Pluto in 1930 and today, the dwarf planet has not managed to completely circumnavigate the sun once?
It will only accomplish this for the first time since its discovery in 2178.
8. Oh, and in case you’ve forgotten how small and insignificant we really are…here’s Earth compared with the sun.
9. But our little sun’s got nothing on VY Canis Major, one of the largest stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
10. Okay, back to Earth. Did you know that all the maps you’ve ever seen are totally wrong?
Yep! The sizes of the countries are totally skewed. Here’s an animated comparison:
11. In case you’ve ever wondered, here’s what a young person’s skull looks like with all the baby teeth still intact.
12. Oh, also, you’re never supposed to stick Q-tips in your ears.
14. Two Snickers are actually just 1.5 Snickers.
Figure that one out, mathmagicians.
15. Here’s a composite to prove that Elijah Wood and Daniel Radcliffe are almost definitely the same person.
Have you ever seen them in the same movie together?